Paneer Tikka Masala
by Darshan Sanjay
Paneer (250 gms)
2 Tbsps of Thick curd
2 Tbsps of chick pea flour
3 tsps red chilli powder (preferable Kashmiri Red chilli powder)
2 tsps Coriander powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
3-4 pieces of green Cardamom
1 Tbsp of Salt
6 Tbsps Oil
1 Tsp Cumin seeds
A pinch of Asafoetida
1 Tsp Kasuri Methi
1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
300gms Fresh Tomato Puree (Puree of 3 medium size tomatoes)
1/4 Tsp Garam Masala
2 Tbsps of Butter
Finely chopped coriander leaves
1) Cut the Paneer into 1-3/4 cm thick chunks.
2) Take a bowl – put Two Tbsps of curd & 1 tbsp of Chick Pea flour.
3) Now add 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 1/2 tsp Coriander powder, 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder and less than 1/2 tsp of salt to it.
4) Mix the Tikka Mixture well and add the cut paneer pieces.
5) Mix the mixture again until they are nicely coated with the masala and refrigerate the Paneer Chunks for about 20 mins.
6) Heat 4 Tbsps of Oil in a Non Stick pan.
7) Roast the Tikkas till golden brown on both the sides. Once done keep it aside for now.
1) Heat another pan with 2 Tbsps of oil and add cumin seeds and let it roast for a while.
2) Now add 1/2 pinch of Asafoetida, 4 green Cardamoms, 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder, 1 Tsp of Coriander powder, 1 Tsp Kasuri Methi and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
3) Sauté the masala for a while.
4) Add tomato puree to it and then add 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
5) Now sauté the masala until the Oil separates.
6) Take another small pan and add 1 tsp of Oil with 1 tbsp of Chickpea flour. Mix it well & let it toast for about 1 min.
7) Add the roasted Chick pea flour to the masala and saute it for few more mins till the oil separates.
8) Add 1/2 cup water, Salt to taste & 1/2 tsp Garam Masala.
The Final touch:
1) Add the Roasted Paneer Tikka to the gravy and mix properly.
2) Cover and cook them on low flame for about 4 minutes.
3) Finally, add 2 Tbsps of butter and mix it well.
4) Transfer the gravy in a serving bowl, garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve the delicious Indian Gravy – Paneer Tikka Masala
Serve it hot with:
Roti, phulka, Naan, Tandoori paratha & Romali roti